Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Clinique Chubby Stick Swatches

For those of you who like Clinique products, I think most of you would have heard they recently brought out a new lip balm range called the Chubby Sticks. I certainly did and stopped by the Clinique counter the other day to check out and got some swatches as well. Please excuse me about the photo quality, I took it with my phone. :P Anyway, the swatches are below and briefly my first impression of the product. ^^
The new Clinique Chubby Stick moisturizing lip colour balm comes in a thick crayon like plastic packaging and you twist the bottle silver cap to bring the lip balm up. The package's very cute and compacted. Very convenient to have a lip balm and lip tint in 1 so I won't need to carry to products out. haha =D


It has 8 colours to choose from in:
1. Richer Raisin
2. Whole Lotta Honey
3. Fuller Fig
4. Mega Melon
5. Chunky Cherry
6. Woppin' Watermelon
7. Super Strawberry
8. Graped-Up

The lip balm felt soft and smooth to apply, some colours were sheerer and looked uneven when I first swatched it. But the colour darkened and even out once it has set. There's a low sheen to it although it does seem to rub off easily. Since I hasn't tried it on my lips, am not sure what it'll be like on the lips though

Most of the shades looks like a browner nude shade besides No. 5 in Chunky Cherry
No. 6 Woppin' Watermelon and No. 7 Super Strawberry. I personally love the colour of Whole Lotta Honey and Woppin' Watermelon. According to the Clinique's website, this lip balm has mango and shea butters with a subtle sheen.

I'm still tossing up whether I should get one myself or not.
Has anyone tried this yet? What do you think of it?

8 comments:

  1. 6 and 7 looks really pretty! nice to hear its also very moisturising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look very sheer, although the strawberry would look like a nice pink lip balm!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look very nice i want to try the woppin watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im thinking of getting woppin watermelon...is it too sheer???i dont want a sheer color...i want something that is a medium pink shade,what do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @benish, personally I think woppin watermelon is sheer colour especially since I have pigmented lips. It's also a light pink shade rather than medium pink.
    Super Strawberry is more of a coral medium pink. you might want to try it out at your clinique colour first to see if it's really the pinks you want because depending on your lip colour, it might look more different compared to glosses and lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of these, I might head over to the Clinique counter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the promo poster looks delicious :P but when i was at the counter i opted out because i found out it's the same price as their lippies but product only has 1.5g or so... :( that's bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been interested in trying these. hopefully you'll write another review soon

    ReplyDelete