Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hada Labo GOKUJYUN Moisturizing Cream

Wrote a review on Hada Labo Gokujyun Moisturizing Cream over the weekend. Been so preoccupied with many things... work, online games, reading work related books, Japan and before that New Zealand, Aus... Praying for all those in Japan. Anyhow excuse me for being MIA from blogging and reading blogs. Hope you’ll find this review helpful~

Hada Labo GOKUJYUN Moisturizing Cream (50g)

Description: Hadalabo is a newly mutually-developed brands operated by Rohto (Japan) and Mentholatum (USA), with the concept of 'Perfect & Simple’. They bring you a series of skincare products with the highest purity of ingredients under strict quality control.

Hada Labo GOKUJYUN Moisturizing Cream is infused with super hyaluronic acid which deeply penetrates into skin. It keeps on moisturizing and replenishing skin, meanwhile enhancing skin’s water-binding ability, leaving skin supple, smooth and radiant. The gel texture helps to further nourish skin. Weak acid, no fragrance, no colorant, no oil and is alcohol-free.

How to use it: After cleansing and toning, apply an appropriate amount on the entire face.

Hada Labo was first launched in 2004, being jointly developed by Rohto Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd (Japan) and Mentholatum. Their skincare range are fragrance free, colorant free, mineral oil free and alcohol (ethanol) free making it suitable for sensitive skin.


The Hada Labo GOKUJYUN Moisturizing Cream comes in a very simple white jar making it easy to reach every drop of its product. :) On the down side, it does feel unhygienic to consistently be dipping a finger into the jar. Especially when you’re used a good amount and it starts getting into your nails. But this is easily overcome by using a small spatula or a cotton bud/Q-tip. The word "Gokujyun" means Super Hydration because it contains super hyaluronic acid (also called Hyaluronan or hyaluronate). Apparently 1 gram of hyaluronic acid can hold 6 litres of liquid, so this moisturize is meant to have double the moisture retention power to help make your the skin look moisturised, soft and supple.

The cream itself comes out as a white watery cream in a light lotion consistency. It does not have any scent and feels very moist to touch. The product just melts under your fingers to a watery texture and spreads very easily on the skin. Although it can leave a film of lotion on the skin making it feel a little sticky to touch until it’s all absorbed; especially if too much is used because this cream does take some time to absorb. I like to use a small amount and spread it on my fingers before patting it on my face. I find this way I don’t end up putting too much on, leaving it feeling sticky. Once it has fully absorbed, your skin looking and feeling soft, moisturised and hydrated. Personally I haven’t experienced any breakouts or bad reactions from using this product.

Another thing I like about this Hada Labo Gokujyun Moisturizing Cream is because of its watery consistency, it leaves a low cooling sensation on the skin when applied. Overall I really like this cream! This is definitely something that I would buy again but was mainly put off by the jar packaging. I love the simpleness but if it had come with a pump or bottle then it would be perfect. If you don’t like sticking your fingers in creams and lotions then this is not for you. If you’re interested, Cythia from Slowbro’s Dream also did a review of this product last year. I’ve had the same experience with this cream as Cythia.

What do you think of this cream and hyaluronic acid?
What was your experience of them cream and HadaLabo?

11 comments:

  1. This seems like an interesting product!

    Enter my giveaway:
    http://danceofthegods.blogspot.com/2011/03/giveaway-100-followers.html

    Charlene xxxx
    A Cosmetic Affair

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm using this moisturizer and love it. if only it has spf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound excellent

    I am trying out the hadalabo bb cream right now. SPF50 and its great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought that Metholatum is a Japanese brand! Had to do a little googling and it seems that Rohto acquired management rights in 1988.

    I prefer creams that absorb quickly, thanks for the in depth review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Blair, :) ah you're right, that's for the correction <3 so they were founded as a US company before it was acquired by Rohto Pharmaceutical. lol so complicated on whether it's considered a US brand or Japanese brand now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that this cream is free of all those chemicals. Nice review =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Hada Labo's products! :D Do you think this moisturiser is suitable for all skin types?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @May,
    it's hard to say, I think for people with extremely dry skin it might not be nourishing enough but I can't vouch for it since I have oily-combination skin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blog and post, dear :)
    It's my first time on your blog<3

    I hope to see you on my blog some time..

    xo
    http://julia-louise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete