Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Innisfree Mint Pore Clean & Up Pack

My long overdue review on Innisfree Mint Pore Clean & Up Pack. :P I bought this from Sasa.com back in July 2010.

Innisfree Mint Pore Clean & Up Pack (100ml), Weekly Care Peel-off Type.
Description: Innisfree Mint Pore Clean & Up Pack is especially formulated for the skin worried by excess sebum secretion or visible pores. It enables clear, translucent and poreless skin.
It contains organic ingredients such as mint, lemongrass and chamomile. They help control sebum secretion and tighten visible pores for more radiant and healthy-looking complexion.
The peel-off mask removes the sebum and impurities to unclog pores. The refreshing fragrance of mint energizes your skin and your soul.
Suitable for all skin type / combination skin
How to use it: Apply a thin layer to cleansed and toned face, avoiding lips and eye contour.
Leave on for 15-20 minutes, until the mask is thoroughly dry.
Peel off starting from chin. Peel towards forehead. Use once per week.


I’ve been using this Innisfree Mint Pore Clean & Up Pack now and then and it’s not too bad. It comes in a simple tube packaging with a flip cap. The cap’s slightly transparent and you can see how much you’ve got left in the tube if you hold it up against the light because the tube’s translucent. Most of the time I prefer these sort of lotion-ish masks instead of sheet masks because I get more uses out of it and they don’t dry up on me because I tend to forget or get too lazy to uses masks :P. So I end up storing it for quite some time.

This Innisfree mask comes out in a white sticky running paste, so you do need to be careful that you don’t leave the cap open or have the tube facing downwards open because the mask will run out. Next you simply spread the mask on your pre-cleansed face. Make sure you spread it evenly so you cover all the skin, avoiding the sensitive eyes and lip area. Personally I find that it works best when the layer is even and thick enough to cover your skin yet not too thick.

Then you’ll feel a cooling sensation on your skin white you wait for it to complete dry on your face. As it because to dry, it can feel tight and it becomes a white film that you peel off. Then all you have to do is peel from the edge, if the mask hasn’t completely dried it won’t peel properly.

As for smell, it’s got a strange sort of smell to it but I don’t know how to describe it. It’s not unpleasant or too strong but it’s not like fragranced if you know what I mean... :P

In terms of effective, it removes any oily residue on the skin leaving it matt and still leaves the skin soft. Personally I find it more effective at pulling out very fine facial hair than blackheads/whiteheads. Of course this isn’t a blackhead removing mask, it’s more for cleaning the pores so it didn’t do too much to removing the blackheads on my skin. It does remove less stubborn blackheads that are sitting closer to the surface. This reminds me of the BiorĂ© Original Deep Cleansing Pore Strips but I find those strips to be too strong and can tear at my skin. While this Innisfree Mint Pore Clean & Up Pack does tug at your skin, it hurts mainly because it tugging at the fine facial hair. I know that sounds kinda strange and hairy. xD hahaha. But I think this will be too harsh on sensitive skin so I wouldn’t recommend using it if you’ve got inflamed or sensitive skin. And don’t use it more than twice weekly, it’s recommended to use once a week I think.

Overall, I find my skin feels cleaner and more radiant from using this because it’s removed all the dead skin and some impurities from the pores. I don’t know about controlling sebum secretion, I haven’t notice it doing that or tightening the pores. Unfortunately it doesn’t work as well for deeper blackheads because that’s my main concern.

What do you think of Innisfree products? Tried it?
Can anyone recommend me an effective blackhead removing product for stubborn blackheads?

3 comments:

  1. Cellnique's Skin Action Sebum Gel is very good at diminishing blackheads.. most people experienced good results when using it. There's also b.liv's version which is cheaper.

    I myself use b.liv's Glow And Shine to bring blackheads to the surface and afterwards I'll use an el cheapo pore pack (from Daiso) to draw out these impurities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to find a mask that is REALLY good at pulling out blackheads. I know i saw one on a beauty blog somewhere-- the mask actually had spikes where it went into the pores and pulled out the nasty stuff. I must find this mask!! All i remember is that it looked slightly rubbery and bright green/yellow.

    PS: Enter my giveaway for a feather mono-earring!!

    www.queenofmayhem.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely recommend using Differin to rid off those obnoxious blackheads. But for the first time user, it's best to consult a dermatologist:)

    ReplyDelete