Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Monday, January 10, 2011

Innisfree Cosmetics

In my preview post I did a review on the Innisfree Mint Pore Clean & Up Pack which is sort of like a cream mask that dries into a peef off film mask. I thought I’ll do a short post, briefly about this brand since I don’t think many of us overseas have heard of it. I’m very new to this brand myself and I wasn’t sure what it was or what it had to offer. Especially, since I’ve never seen this brand in Sydney. So here we go...

Innisfree is another Korean Brand that was first launched in 2000. Its named is inspired from the poem "The Lake Isle of Innisfree" by William Butler Yeats who was an Irish poet and dramatist. The name Innisfree itself is an acronym for Island (innis) and 'free.' Their emphasis on offering natural and environmentally friendly products which uses botanical nutrients and essence extracted from organic plants and herbs. Apparently Innisfree is quite a popular brand in Korean and is under the Amore Pacific Corporation (South Korea's largest cosmetic company which includes Laneige, Iope, Mamonde, Hera, Sulwhasoo and more)
Innisfree's brand description from Sasa.com "The brand name originated from the William B. Yeats poem "The Lake Isle of Innisfree." As the name itself implies, INNISFREE pursues beauty in its most natural form. Using select botanical extracts formulated to suit diverse skin types, INNISFREE provides rich botanical energy to your skin to keep it healthy."

YoonA a member of the korean girl group Girl's Generation (SNSD) is currently the model for Innisfree cosmetics. She's pretty cute isn't she! :) YoonA's also released a short MV where she sang the song "Innisfree Day".

SNSD Yoona - Innisfree Day Official MV
Here's the Innisfree official website: http://innisfree.co.kr/index.jsp (It's a Korean site btw)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, which online retailers carry this brand? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BEAUTIFUL CANVAS,
    Sasa.com has a small range of their products. That's where I bought my items too. I haven't seen this brand sold on other online retailers. You can also find it on Ebay if that's easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is the first time i've heard of this brand :D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not that fond of Yoona, but I wouldn't mind trying this brand out! I've seen their products featured on quite a lot of blogs *itchy hands*

    ReplyDelete