Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SCINIC Green Soft Lip & Eye Remover Review

SCINIC Green soft Lip & Eye Remover (150mL)
The right self-clinic gives your skin safe & ultimate effect.

Along with oil of piant ingredients such as olive oil and Macadamia Nuts Oil and the cleansing for the lip & eye that are dry and sensitive equipped with mild water cleansing ingredients, the lip & eye remover cleanses the dark point make-up simply and cleanly and it adds the moisture.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Potassium Phosphate, Trehalose, FD&C Yellow No.5, FD&C Blue No.1, Fragrance.

--

SCINIC is another korean brand, here's their official site, unfortunately it's all in Korean...  so I can't comment much about it. oh and its a flash site btw for those who don't like long load time.

(image from sasa.com)
Scinic’s Green soft Lip & Eye Remover comes in a green pump bottle, where the nozzle is at the top of the dispenser. Unlike most other makeup removers, the liquid is dispensed by pressing down on the pump with the cotton pad on top to catch the liquid while it squirts up.

Another issue with this type of bottle is the fact that it’s hard to control how much you pump out. You also need to be careful when you’re trying to wet a cotton tip/Q-tip, because if you cover and press the nozzle, or obscure it in any way, it can make the liquid go everywhere. The easiest way is to lighting pump the liquid onto the pan and soak it up with the cotton tip/Q-tip.

This Scinic Green soft Lip & Eye Remover is in two phrases, so you do need to shake and mix the two liquids together before use. A major annoyance I found was if you shake it too hard, the makeup remover will leak from the pump dispensing part. Of course you can go around that by rolling the bottle on your palms, it’s best not to tip the bottle upside down or shake it up and down too hard to mix the two phrases.

In terms of removing makeup, it’s not too bad. While it has a pleasant light fragrance and is quite gently on the skin, it does leave a slight residue behind. On testing this Scinic makeup remover with my Majolica Majorca mascara, it also takes more rubbing and effort to remove compared to my Shiseido instant eye and lip makeup remover. It’s also a little drying on the skin, of course it's a good cheap alternative and does work in removing makeup.

Overall, I prefer the Shiseido instant eye and lip makeup remover over this Scinic Green soft Lip & Eye Remover; because it’s not drying, does not leave an oily residue and takes less working at, to remove waterproof makeup. Other than that, this bottle design is a leaking hazard. Very annoying when it leaks all over my hands, I’m staying away from these types of bottles from now on..

Have you used products with this type of pump bottles before? I've seen the Missha nail polish remover has it too.

8 comments:

  1. ive never heard of this brand so thank you for this review! i love hearing about new items to try = ] and i think your blog is really nice. i look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never head about this brand before, thanks for sharing this.

    you'd think a botle like that would be convenient to use but it's not... sorry it didnt work out too well! I like my eye makeup removers to be cheap and cheerful :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used this as well and thought that I just had a defective bottle because it kept leaking so much....but I guess it's just bad package design overall :( Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen/ used anything with this pump design!

    Have you tried MM's newest remover, Eyes Reset Gel? I heard that it does a good job in removing their own mascaras =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought maybe the pump design would be good b/c they have these at Sephora but you're right about it not working if you just need a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments! :D I think the pump design might be okay for liquids that you don't need to shake or mix. Maybe like face toners, but what were they thinking using it on 2 phrase makeup removers!

    @Blair, I haven't yet. It's hard getting Majorlica items without getting ripped off here. I remember seeing their special edition mascara was something like AUD$65. o.O?!! The mark up is crazy =( but it looks very interesting! I wonder if it'll feel strange rubbing the gel on the lashes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm.... I'm too lazy for this, I just want one product that I splash on my face, do the trick and finish :P


    xo

    ReplyDelete