Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner Review

I’ve been wanting to get my hands on this Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner since I found out about it. It looked like a great replacement for my other black liquid eyeliner which looks gray or a washed out black. And most of the reviews I read were very positive. So finally bought it. Yay :D! I've probably swatched this product on my hand more way more than actually using it for this review. haha. So without further ado, here’s the product details and my review.

Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner (Deep Black) (0.58g)
Film type ink terns smudge-proof, water, perspiration and sebum resistant once dried for dolly eyes all day long! Intense black ink makes it easy for drawing. Easily removed with warm water despite enduring resistance.

Tips from Tsubasa:
• Use Dolly Wink Pencil Eyeliner Black to colour in the games between lash line and your fake eyelashes.
• Next, draw a thin line all along your upper lash line. Be careful! Thick lines will make your eyes look smaller!
• Finally, gently draw an upward stroke 2-3mm upwards at the corners of eyes.
• For more impactful eyes, use Pencil Eyeliner to line the lower lash line too.

Directions: Shake well with the cap on before use. When using product for the first time, it may be necessary to shake the bottle a few more times and it upside down for a while. Wipe off excess liquid on brush tip before use.

Caution: Do not use on abnormal skin. Stop using if abnormal skin symptoms appear.  For external use only, not to be taken internally.  Avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool place.

Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl, Acrylate/Methyl, Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alchohol, Ceteth-20, Ammonium Acrylates/Mathyl Styrene/Styrene Copolymer, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Polyglyceryl-3 Disiloxane Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Disodium Edta, Carbon Black.
--

The Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner comes in the most adorable packaging! The packet looks like a skinny lunch bag where the strap on the big black bow slots it together. It’s a very clever design : ) There’s no yanking, ripping or cutting needed to open the packaging  and get your liner out.

The liquid eyeliner's packaging itself was a little disappointing to my expectations. The eyeliner itself is extremely light in weight and the plastic was kinda tacky. .-. Sure, the print is cute but it felt like a cheap texta. I’m not sure if the dotted print will eventually scratch off or not but I’m weary of it. It’s around 12.5cm in height and its light weight makes it great for travel.

The eyeliner colour is a deep black, although I found you do need to go over it once to achieve an intense black line. The liquid is also quite watery and will bleed if there’s excess liquid, you’ll notice it in the swatch pic. The tip of the liquid liner is quite soft with a sharp brush like tip and glides easily along the skin. It is also very easy to use and allows you to create both thick and thin lines effortlessly.
The great thing I found is it’s quick to dry and is very long lasting. I had it on about 6-7 hours and it did not smudge or run at all. In terms of removal, although this Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner is waterproof; it’s actually quite easy to remove. Once it’s on, it won’t budge even when water runs of it. You can on the other hand remove it by gently rubbing with warm water. Personally I think warm water is the best removal method. I've tried using my Shiseido instant eye & lip makeup remover and Scinic green soft lip & eye remover but I found it took some rubbing to remove. The more coats you put on, the longer it takes to remove.

Overall, I think this is a wonderful eyeliner. It’s long lasting, smudgeproof, waterproof and relatively easy to remove; perfect when you just want to wash the makeup off and sleep. :P However if you already have an intense black eyeliner that’s working fine, I don’t feel this Dolly Wink eyeliner is something you must run out and get straight away. But definitely worth a try if you aren’t happy with your current one and want something that’s smudge proof and waterproof!

At the moment, Dolly Wink liquid eyeliners only comes in Deep Black. Hopefully we will see some more other colours in the future. Hope I covered everything and you enjoyed my review :)

If you bought one too, what did you think of it?

11 comments:

  1. aww.. i always lemming for this liquid liner, but have never go and get it... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted the Heroine Kiss Me Liquid Liner but I think it has been discontinued. So i guess I gonna replace this..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Kate Super Sharp Liner - I need to branch out but what if the Dolly Wink one doesn't live up to my expectations?

    Your review has changed my mind, I definitely want to try the DW liquid liner!

    Ichibankao sells the Canmake Cream blush for 1200yen including shipping --> the same price as retail in Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review (^_^)

    http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY MINTY!!! YOU HAVE A BLOGGITY BLOG!!

    I love this liner though I want to compare it with another liner I nabbed in Japan. Will review soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute packaging! Looks like a good liquid liner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the helpful review :) it'll help me to make a purchase next time

    ReplyDelete
  8. the other day i was thinking of getting a new liquid pen eyeliner.. i was torn in getting the dolly wink or k palette or the one i already love - Kiss Me Heroine make smooth liquid eyeliner. I went back and bought KissMe Heroine smooth eyeliner lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the packaging its too cute.

    Marcy,
    smudgemyeyeliner.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. waa!!! Loves dollywink too!
    but just curious Minty, the bottle looks small. Does it last long ? =))

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Alice, the liner's average size for the usual pen liners. It's the same size as Heroine Make's Smooth liquid eyeliner which has 0.4ml. The MAC Penultimate eyeliner on their website says its 1 g/0.03 US oz. but you're right about the size, it wont have as much as the bottle liner types.

    I think depending how often you use it it should last a least good 3 months of daily use. Just need to make sure the lid's back on when you're not using it.

    ReplyDelete