Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BeautyMaker Aqua Eye Concealer Review

BeautyMaker Aqua Eye Concealer
BeautyMaker Aqua Eye Concealer (3g) (01 – Bright)
Developed specifically for use under and around the eye area. The ingredients help counteract shadows, reduce redness, hide dark circles & other imperfections and gives skin a more even tone. Long-lasting coverage builds from moderate to full.

Direction: dot on underneath eyes in a semi-circle starting at innermost corner of eye, stopping just before outer corner. Blend into skin with middle or ring finger, using a light patting motion.

I’m not sure why but there’s two sets of ingredients list, one on the product itself, the other on the packaging box. So here’s both of it.
Ingredients labelled on the box: Aqua, Titanium Dioxide / Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Butylene Glycol,Methyl Gluceth-20, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Tocopherol, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isonoanoate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Isododecane, Diisostearoyl Polyglyceryl-3 Dimer Dilinolate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Concrliolim (Pearl)Protein, Cig-alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolyme, Sodium Pca, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Scutellair Baicalensis Extract, Amino Acid Peptide Minerals Components, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Fruit Extract, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Retinyl Palmitate, Butylparaben, Stearyl Glycyrrhizate, Iron OxideYellow, Iron Oxide Black, Iron Oxide Red.

Ingredients labelled on the product packaging: Megnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lauroyl Lysine, Stearyl Glycyrrhizate, Alpha-orizanol, Eveing Promose Oil, Rosa Eglentaria (Rosehip) Seed Oil.
Cautions: Do not apply to damaged, broken or inflamed ares of the skin.
---

I’ve been using BeautyMaker’s Aqua Series, BeautyMaker Aqua Eye Concealer in Bright/01 for a months now and it’s great! It’s not perfect yet but definitely worth trying out. Here’s what I thought about it.

First let’s start with the packaging, the BeautyMaker Aqua Eye Concealer comes in a sleek black, square plastic compact palette with a mirror inside on the lid. I rather like the simple and easy to use packaging design since there’s no fuse and you can even open it with one hand. On the down side, the lid of the product is pretty much held shut but the plastic sides. So overtime and use, the lid does get a bit loose so it may not be very practical to take out unless you’ve got it in a makeup bag where it’s not going to flip open anytime.

BeautyMaker Aqua Eye Concealer Bright, Swatch The Aqua Eye Concealer itself comes in a moist creamy texture and feels like it melts under the heat of your finger. It’s non drying, long lasting and very comfortable on the eyes; I don’t even feel it at all. You also only need to use a small amount to achieve a very natural medium coverage, which can be built up slowly. It also blends easily in a light tapping motion, I used it as described on the packaging and it works very well.

On the down side, it did crease under my eyes slightly and makes existing creases appear more obvious. I've read other reviews where they've mentioned it doesn't crease, maybe it's just my eyes :P. I also felt it creases faster if you were to build it up to get a high coverage. Being an eye concealer it’s also not going to cover or hide pimples. It does a good job covering redness around the nose but won’t do much for spots. So you will need a separate face concealer if you’re after a flawless look.
Beautymaker Aqua Eye Concealer Swatch
Overall, despite the creasing I still love it. This BeautyMaker Aqua Eye Concealer is great for a natural finish which is the look I usually go for daily. It’s moist and felt weightless under the eye. I also love how quickly and easy it is to blend with a tiny amount of product, yet still achieve a good coverage. I think it would be perfect for those with light dark circles under the eyes. I’ve tried Benefit’s boi-ing concealer before and found it somewhat sticky under the finger and hard to blend. So this is definitely one of the must buy when I’m running out and I don’t plan to buy anymore eye concealers for now. I think I’ve only used about 1/4 in 10months. Lol ^^v Love it!

5 comments:

  1. oh... I end up using the eye lid primer as my under eye concealer... haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sounds good!!!!! thanks for the review! i am very curious abt this item!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ ning, lol really? I haven't tried the eye lid primer yet. I heard it wasn't that great so I didn't buy it. How is it??

    @lilluna, thanks for reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the review! i was considering getting this but it sounds like it has the same problem as my current concealer in terms of creasing. you saved me some $$! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi.Thanks for the review.How will you know the shade number? Is it written at the back of the packaging? I don't have it yet though.

    ReplyDelete