Sorry about the lack of updates. Here’s my review of the Shiseido Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover, also a short comparison with Clinque’s Take The Day Off Makeup Remover.
Shiseido Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover (e 125mL. 4.2FL. OZ.)
A new source of strength for the future of your skin.
A gentle dual-phase makeup remover that immediately dissolves waterproof and long-wearing eye makeup and lipstick.
- Excellent for all skin types.
* Removes any type of formulation, including waterproof mascaras and non-transferring formulations, with ease.
* Formulated with Xylitol to retain essential moisture in the delicate eye and lip areas.
* Leaves skin fresh and smooth without any oily sensations.
- Dermatologist and Ophthalmologist-Tested.
(Formulated to minimize the risk of allergy and eye irritation.)
* With the cap tightly closed, shake well before use (The fill level of each new bottle allows space for optimal mixing of the dual-phase formulation.)
* Saturate a cotton pad and hold in place over eye area or lips. Wipe away gently, repeating until no trace of makeup remains.
* Avoid direct contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
* Remove contact lenses before use, as the formulation may cloud lenses.
* Replace cap securely after use.
Ingridients: Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.), Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate, Soduim Chloride, Xylitol Fragrance (Parfum), Benzalkonium Chloride, Trisodium Edta.
Shiseido Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover comes in a slim, opaque plastic bottle with a hard plastic lid. It has a light fragrance, it’s a in dual phase formula that requires you to shake and mix the two separated liquid before use.
Unlike most makeup removers with a flat dispensing cap, this Shiseido makeup remover has a pointed tip. Personally I found it harder for me to spread the makeup remover on a cotton pad because of the way it is shaped. There wasn’t enough liquid coming out to dampen the cotton pad unless I squeezed the bottle to force more makeup remover out at once. The pointed tip also made the liquid more controlled which may be good if your intent was to only damped a straight or small area of a cotton pad.
Like Clinque’s Take the Day off Makeup Remover, I tested it on Majolica Majorca’s Lash Expander Frame Plus which is known to be a pain to remove. It removed it quite well although it takes a few more wipes and working at. It did not leave any oily residue on the eyes, overall my skin feels soft and clean and didn’t make my eyes didn’t feel uncomfortable or blurry.
Although I feel Clinque’s Take the Day off Makeup Remover wins when removing Majolica Majorca’s Lash Expander Frame Plus mascara in particular, but it does leaves an oily residue on my eyes. Often making my eyes blurry and uncomfortable, which I have not experienced from using Shiseido’s Eye and lip makeup remover. The security cap on Clinique’s was also a little annoying to open, on the other hand it was easier to use and spread on a cotton pad. Another thing I noticed about Clinque’s makeup remover is that over time, the liquid becomes harder and harder to separate and towards the end, the colour became white and cloudy. Shiseido’s Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover also had a much more pleasant smell than Clinque’s.
My conclusion, I do prefer Shiseido’s over Clinque. Although I don’t really like the design of the pointed tip, it felt much nicer on my eyes which I think is the most important factor.