Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Bad Experience with IKO Shoe

Late September, last month I bought a new pair of flats from a brand called IKO. It was somewhat strange, the shop's called EKO but all the stock is branded IKO. Anyway it was one of the most gorgeous shoes in a beautiful Gunmetal colour, but the quality was HORRIFIC!
Ok, so they were Fashion Shoes and really I didn’t expect them to last for years, but after wearing to work for 2 weeks, walking to and from the office and for lunch, this is what happened to them.

*Click pictures to enlarge*
Taken for my Haul post, News and Unworn.
IKO shoesIKO shoes

From 2 weeks of wearing:
IKO shoesIKO shoes
IKO shoesIKO shoes
IKO shoesIKO shoes
Both heel of the sole has virtually disappeared, it’s worn out so badly it looks like there's a hole and you can see the white lining/fabric of the base edge of the shoe. Most of the grip at the toes is gone. The inside lining is cracking. Now that’s pretty pathetic.
I hadn’t noticed it at first, until I slipped while crossing the road at the lights. That’s when I actually took at closer look at my shoes and found how worn out the soles were. I remembered the Girl Sale’s Assistant told me there was 1 month Quality Assurance on all their Shoes. It hadn’t been 1 Month; I still have my receipt, so I took it back into the store on Thursday and told the Sale’s Assistant (who surprisingly still remembered me) what had happened.
In short, this is what she told me: Because it’s almost been 1 Month, I can’t get a refund. She need to send my shoes back to the main office and let them see. The office will decide whether I get a New pair of shoes in the exact same Size, Colour and Style or give me a Credit note of the purchase; otherwise they will repair the shoes, and this will take 1 – 2 Weeks. She took my name and phone number, said she will note down what happened for the other staff and I confirmed with her because of how damaged it was, that I was either going to get a new pair of shoes or a credit note.
-
The next week on Tuesday, I dropped by the shop to check on what had happened to my shoes. There was another Girl at the shop, I told her I had left a pair of shoes here on their quality assurance warranty and showed her my receipt.
She couldn’t find any note of what happened, but found my shoes in their storage room and showed me it had been “Repaired”.
I took a look at it and it looked awful! There was no changes other than a sole replacement on the heel. It appeared that someone basically just taken off the remains of the old heel and super-glued a new pair on.

pictures taken after bring the repaired shoes home:







• There was a trail of rough transparent glue residue on the back on the right shoe.
• Glue around the edge of the heel's sole.
• The actual heel based attached to the sole, had sections of ripped lining.
• There is a hole at the back of the heel between the base and sole.
• The shoes are not leveled
Of course, I told the Sales Attendant I was not satisfied with the repair. I was told either it was going to be a new pair or a credit note. So I waited for her to ring the Office about the situation. She told me the Office said to send the shoes back and they will take a look at it again, since I had been told I was going to get a new pair. It was so annoying! I left them my name and number again and the Girl staff told me their Office can call me about the situation.

-
I did not get any calls back. So there I was, back at the shop on Friday afternoon to find out my shoes were still in the storage room. It was another Girl attending the shop; apparently the manager doesn't comes in. She did not appear to know what was going on, So she took my name and number again and said she’ll give me a call in 1 hour and find out what happened. Again I never got a call back.

So finally Saturday about Noon, I get a call from the girl who sold me the shoes and served me on Thursday at EKO. Apparently the shop was too busy for them to call me back on Friday. She told me, her manager told her there is nothing else they can do because when I bought the shoes it was on Promotion. Obvious I was not told their Quality Assurance does not cover Sale/Promotion stock when I purchased these shoes. They Will Not be giving me a new pair or a credit note, and can only repair it. She insisted my shoes had been “repaired by the manufacturer” and not by the staff in the shop. Told me “This is the only degree we can do” and wanted me to come in and pick them up. I told her about the quality of the repair and she was like “That really depends on the person”, “maybe for me it’s OK but for you it’s not”. So I told her, Yes to me that it was badly repaired, take a look there is a HOLE at the back of the heel. So she was like “Yes I am looking at your shoes now and but maybe for me it’s ok"... "I will asked my manager and see if it can be repaired again.” So the next day I get a called from the Girl and obviously it was a No. She was like my manager says “This is the only degree we can do”. =( I was so disappointed that they weren't going to do anything about it. I feel so ripped off but I couldn't do anything because this was all just word passing from the office/manager of the shop. The staff there can't seem to take any initiative, they were reluctant when I asked to speak with their office or manager and it was always "my manager never comes in". ~_~" argh! I admit defeat.

The end story, it had been the first time I bought anything from this shop and most certainly the last. So I picked up this badly repaired shoes since it was getting nowhere. This passing of messages is really a waste of time over a pair of $50AUD shoes.
I hope this is something you all can look out for from my terrible experience. I am so annoyed these shoes didn't last longer. It's very disappointing! I guess I expected a bit more since I bought them from a actual shop and not like something off the streets.

Have any of you had issues with your shoes like that?

5 comments:

  1. That's disgusting! I try to avoid flakey shoe brands....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll throw the shoes at them......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting <3
    I'll be extra careful when I buy new shoes now .-.

    ReplyDelete