Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Missha SUPER AQUA Hydrating Toner and Emulsion Review

Unfortunately the SUPER AQUA samples bottles were tiny so the Toner only lasted about a week (Once a day at night only). All the details at the back were all in Korean (wasn’t much text anyway...) so I can’t provide much details or ingredients. Only took what was noted online and there wasn’t anything in detail. =/
Missha Super Aqua Hydrating Range Samples

SUPER AQUA Hydrating Toner (For Normal to Dry Skin)
ALCOHOL FREE hydrating toner maintains moisture balance. It provides moisture to dry skin and prepares the skin for moisturisation.
--

The Toner is in a clear watery liquid with a light fresh fragrance that’s the same as the Hydrating Emulsion. It’s non greasy and leaves the skin feeling smooth and hydrated.

This hydrating toner hydrates very well, leaving it fresh and dry. It did not make my skin feel tight and dry even after I left it without using any moisturisers for about 15min. I also noticed my skin was less oily the next morning from using this. I personally found it great for hydrating and it's alcohol free.

Side note, there wasn't enough in the sample bottle and most of it gets absorbed and dried up by the cotton pad. So I didn't get to use it for a longer period of time to judge it's results properly. Mainly the first thing I noticed was my skin feel a lot more hydrated and produced less oil especially overnight. As much as I liked the hydrating factor, personally I feel there's better alternatives and I doubt this. =P

~Now onto the Emulsion.~

SUPER AQUA Hydrating Emulsion (For Normal to Dry Skin)
This moisturizing emulsion contains Crystal Water for deep hydration. Adding luster and smoothness to the skin and maintaining the skins healthy pH levels.

Directions: After using deep hydro essence, apply and appropriate amount onto the face. Tap lightly until fully absorbed.

Super Aqua Hydrating Emulsion swatch

The texture is a very light thin white lotion; you only need a small amount to cover the whole face. It’s non greasy, does not leave the skin looking shiny and spreads very easily. There’s a light fresh scent (same scent as the toner) and leaves the skin feeling moist and smooth. It also absorbs very quickly and is dry to touch.

At first I really like this, my skin still felt hydrated overnight any without other creams/lotions/serums; there was no oily T-zones or dry cheeks! The only down side is that it doesn’t do anything else but hydrate, so if you want other things like whitening or anti-aging then you do need to use other products. Unfortunately I don’t have the actually full size bottle with packaging, so I don’t know what’s actually in the product. If you get a chance to try it out in their sample bottle. It’s so hard to get anything out of that sample bottle =P lol.

However, when I first used this it didn’t appear to block my pores but after about 1 and a half weeks I did notice break outs here and there. Although I’m not sure if it’s this Emulsion that’s causing it since I don’t use a lot at once or the bad combination of emulsion, sunscreen and foundation. I stopped using it straight away and it’s been a lot better. I might give it a try some other time, but this isn’t something I would the full size for. I’m so glad I got to try the sample first otherwise I don’t know what I’ll do with the full bottle if I didn’t like it.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! There's a Missha at the local mall near our house in Muscat, and I'll check out the toner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds nice... i like the simple packaging hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reviews, I love the cute packaging. I wish Missha stuff was more easily available in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete