Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Review: TheFaceShop Natural Sunscreen Cream SPF38PA++

The Face Shop Natural Sunscreen Cream SPF38PA++ (Sample, 2.8g / NET WT. 0.09 OZ)
Functional Cosmetic SPF38 PA++

Description: This refreshingly light, highly waterproof formulation provides superior, long-lasting UVA and UVB protection for carefree fun in the sun, infused with Green Tea and Edelweiss extracts for added armor against the elements, this non-streaking, water-in-silicone cream leaves skin feeling clean and clear.

Directions: As a final step in your basic skincare routine, spread evenly over exposed areas of skin.

Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Hexyl Lautate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Oxide, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Glycern, Bee Wax, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, C12-15 Alkyl, Benzoate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Perfume, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Angelica Keiskei (or) Angelica Keiskei Extract, Bacillus/Soya bean Ferment Extract, Butylene Glycol (And) Water (And) Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Butylene Glycol (And) Water (And) Rubus Suavissmus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol (And) Fructan, Butylene Glycol (And) Water (And) Morus Bombycis Root Extract, Butylene Glycol (And) Water (And) Paeonia Suffruiticosa Root Extract (And) Pueraria Lobata Root Extract (And) Acetyl Tyrosine, Butylene Glyol (And) Water (And) Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract, Glycern (And) Water (And) Gnaphillum Alpnum Extract, Propylparaben, Water (And) Butylene Glycol (And) Chamonmille Sinensis Leaf Extract, Water (And) Butylene Glycol (And) Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Disodium Edta

---

The Face Shop’s Natural Sunscreen Cream SPF38 PA++, for some reason I don’t see it on their official sites anymore so I’m not sure what it looks like other than in this sample packet. It is a Non-oily white cream sunscreen that is quite easy to spread and has a low floral fragrance. Also a small amount covers a good area, so there's actually a lot in 1 packet. Like most sunscreens it leaves a thin white layer on your face however it appears transparent once absorbed.

When it’s fresh on your face, it is slightly sticky to touch, once absorbed it is dry, non sticky and leaves a velvet feel. You don’t feel it on your face and does not weight skin down or make you make your skin look oily/shiny.

I personally feel it's nice for the fact that it’s non sticky and don’t feel it on my skin. Am slightly unsure about all those ingredients... so far I have not noticed it clogging my pores or causing break outs yet. Although I can't be sure yet because it's sample packets and I've only used it a few times. I can’ tell if it’s waterproof or long-lasting though.

If anyone knows more about it, do let me know. =3

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mint!

    This is my first time commenting on your blog, nice to meet you!

    Your blog is super pretty, I love the layout. Your reviews are really nice and detailed as well, thanks for helping all your readers. Your review on bio oil really helped me as I was looking to purchase that item! I really liked how you listed the ingredients for this sunscreen too, very thorough! It's very helpful how you list all the great giveaways going on too. :) I'll be following you for now on so please expect more comments from me on your future posts!

    P.S.
    If you have time, please visit my blog at:
    http://cambosoup.blogspot.com/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the diff between with & without is so clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew you could see differences this way.

    im going to follow you, please subscribe and follow me.

    jblovly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for trying to help :D after 24 hours, everything is back (well hopefully everything!)

    and that sunscreen really shows up with a white cast! Definitely not photogenic ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh how is the oil control since its oil free

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ KC
    nice to meet you too, please do comment it's very encouraging to know people are reading what I write =D lol

    @ Yumeko
    This one doesn't control oil although it does help because it doesn't add to it. My face still got shiny overtime but it wasn't as bad as other sunscreen I've used that make my face glossy straight after use.

    ReplyDelete