Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Review: Shiseido Perfect Mascara

Shiseido Perfect Mascara
Shiseido Perfect Mascara brush closeup

Shiseido Perfect Mascara (Mascara Parfait) - Black / Noir (BK 901)

- Volume, Length and luster. All-day Beautiful Finish.
- Proven Smudge-proof Formula.
- Easy to Remove with Warm Water.

Normal size comes in 8mL and available in two colours: Black (BK 901) and Brown (BR 602).

New crimped-fiber brush:
- Takes up a generous amount of mascara formula and richly coasts every lash.

BK901 Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Polyethylacrylate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sucrose Stearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Batyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Bentonite, Sodium Bicarbonate, Isobutylene/Sodium Maleate Copolymer, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Dimethicone, Tocopherol, [+/- (may contain) Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), ]

---
Shiseido Perfect Mascara Sample size Shiseido Perfect Mascara brush
After using Shiseido’s Perfect Mascara for a week, this is what I've noticed. It’s amazing when it comes to the smudge proof formula. Unlike a lot of other mascara that promised to be smudge proof, this one has been one of the best. It did not transfer to my bottom lid and even from wearing it 11-12hours straight with no touch ups. From what I experienced this Perfect Mascara it took even longer thanMajolica’s Lash Expander Frame Plus for it to smudge than.

On the down side, this Perfect Mascara weights down my lashes. My lashes ended up pretty straight not long after using it. So it didn’t keep my curled lashes up, although I don’t know if heated lash curlers would improve this aspect.

It coats my lashes well making them appear stand out and black. It did lengthen my lashes but only a short amount. I touched the extended part when it was touch dry, it was soft and bent in a unnatural L shape from the pressure of my finger tips. It seemed quite waterproof, did not smudge even when my eyes got watery from yawning. It is indeed very easy to remove. Comes right off with a hand wipes with warm water, came off with cold water too but warm is more comfortable for the eyes. So I'm guessing provided you don't go rubbing at it, or drench water over it, it should stay on.

Overall, I loved the smudge proof factor of Shiseido’s Perfect Mascara. It's very convenient to use and remove compared to Majolica’s Frame Plus, which is notorious for being a pain to remove. I still prefer Majolica’s Lash Expander Frame Plus because it keeps my lashes up and curled. This Perfect Mascara left my lashes straight and mainly visible viewing only from the side. I did not find it to be very lengthening; maybe for someone with shorter lashes the difference would be better.

Shiseido’s Perfect Mascara would be perfect for someone who has naturally long curled lashes. My lashes are considered long however because I have heavy lids, half of my lashes are hidden when my eyes are opened. At the same time it forces my lashes downwards. So using mascaras that lifts my lashes for me is very important. I do like it. Even though some areas do need improvements, the ease of removing it and the smudge proof formula is very alluring. Perfect for long days out and travel, when you're not as fussy about visible lashes front on.
Shiseido Perfect Mascara Swatch

2 comments:

  1. Ohh great review, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, just joined your blog!~ Hope to see more great reviews.

    ReplyDelete