Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Review: Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 - Dry Combination (dry in the cheeks, comfortable to oily in the T-zone)

Product description: The difference maker Gentle exfoliating lotion developed by dermatologists for skins dry in the cheeks, comfortable to oily in the T-Zone. Deflakes skin’s surface to smooth, reveal clearer skin. Optimizes cell turnover, protects natural moisture balance. The tingle tells you it’s working. Apply with cotton ball to face /throat twice daily. Follow with Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.
CAUTION: Flammable. For external use only. Avoid eye area.

Ingredients: alcohol denat, water (aqua purificata) purified, witch hazel (hamamelis virginiana), glycerine, menthol, sodium borate, ext. D & c violet no.2 (ci607030), d & c red no.33 (ci17200), d & c red no.6 (ci15850) [iln3714]

It’s a bottle fill with a lilac colour liquid that smells like alcohol. It’s used after cleansing and before moisturizer to help remove the dead skin on the surface of your skin; some people say toners are also meant to remove any residue of cleansers and dirt that’s been left behind... I can’t tell whether it does optimize cell turnover or protects natural moisture balance, but it do notice the difference on days when I skip it. It does smooth my skin and it appears brighter. The exfoliator gives a cool tingling sensation on your face and persists for a short while. Not unpleasant if your skin is not sensitive and you do not need to use a lot.

One thing I need to point out is, do not use this on broken and especially not sensitive skin. When I’ve tried it and instead of tingling, it stung and my skin started going red. So I washed my face immediately and I could still feel sore and stingy afterwards. Not nice.

Which I then bought Clinique's toner for sensitive skin; it was recommended by the lady at the Clinique counter. I think was in a clear or opaque bottle, with blue liquid but not 100% sure. I was told it only comes in 200mL. That one was very gentle although strangely it doesn’t feel like it’s doing much on the skin. A few months later when I finished that bottle, I tried this Clarifying Lotion 2 again and it felt fine. =P I actually really like Clarifying Lotion 2, I can’t remember the exactly name I used prior to Clinique, I do remember using Garnier, Nivea, Clean&Clear, Artistry and Biotherm. This is definitely something I would buy again.

---

Clinique's Clarifying Lotion is classed as exfoliators under their website.
“Step 2 in Clinique's 3-Step Skin Care System-and the difference-maker for great skin. Gentle exfoliating lotion developed by Clinique's dermatologists de-flakes to reveal clearer skin. Smooths the way for moisture. Formulas for oilier skin help sweep away oil, maintain clearer skin.”

Clarifying Lotion 1 - 4:


Mild Clarifying Lotion:

Comes in 2 sizes:
- 400mL: $50AUD, $20USD
- 200mL: $35AUD, $11.50USD

Difference between the exfoliators:
    Mild Clarifying Lotion:
  • Skin Types: 1 - Very Dry to Dry (driest, most delicate skins on the AU website)
  • Concern: Dullness

  • Clarifying Lotion 1:
  • Skin Types: 1 - Very Dry to Dry
  • Concern: Dullness

  • Clarifying Lotion 2:
  • Skin Types: 2 - Dry Combination
  • Concern: Dullness

  • Clarifying Lotion 3:
  • Skin Types: 3 – Oily
  • Concern: Dullness

  • Clarifying Lotion 4:
  • Skin Types: 4 - Very Oily
  • Concern: Dullness

Image and Info from http://www.clinique.com.au and http://www.clinique.com.

2 comments:

  1. nice review..n u have sensitive skin too..?? im gifted too..!!hahaaa

    ReplyDelete