Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Review: Cameleon 36 Color Eyeshadow Palette

Cameleon Makeup Collection – 36 Color Professional Eyeshadow Palette. Net WT 1 27oz (36g)

Desciption: 36 Color Professional Eye shadow Palette to be used with professional brushes and applicators. Use with multiple colors to give multiple effect and elegant touch to eyes and cheeks to enhance the face. Use dry and wet for different effect.

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Octyl Palmitate, Vaseline, Mineral Oil, Lanolin, Magnesium Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben.

May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Manganese Violet, FD & C Blue No.1 Aluminium Lake, Ultramarine Pink, Iron Oxides, FD & C Red No.40 Aluminium Lake, FD & C Yellow No. 5 Aluminium Lake, Chromium Oxide Greens Pearl Powder.

---

I bought this one from Sasa.com with other people; we pooled to get free shipping. When I saw this online it looked really good. Mainly because I don't have a palette with an extensive range of colours and this was only $7.20USD (36 colours compact palette with mirror and 2 sponge applicators). Of course I skimmed through the reviews posted on there first, since I’ve never see this brand before and the comments were fairly positive. So here I am with it now =P
I was surprised when I saw it. It’s a lot smaller than I imagined. Its dimensions are approximately (W x L x H) 7.3 x 16.3 x 1.8cm. Very simple packaging, smooth shiny black plastic with silver text. Somewhat hard to open but I expect the plastic to wear out with use, there’s also a clear protective plastic sheet between the mirror and palette. Each shadow is in 1.2x1.5cm oval size (diameter approximate); I don’t how deep the actually shadow pan is.

Second thing I noticed was the smell. It was awful! The fumes were incredibly strong and chemical like. I put a ribbon spray with perfume in to see if it’ll help and the potent smell seemed to ease slightly. After that I placed a paper towel spray with perfume in overnight and it’s getting better. =P

(Click images to enlarge)
In terms of colours, quiet sheer colours, average pigmentation but there are some beautiful shades. Not very shimmery, quiet subtle and more of a metallic feel, darker shades don’t have much shimmer to it at all. I don’t know if you can see from the photo but there’s quite a few shades that very similar to another. So I’m a little disappointed there aren’t exactly 36 different colours. The shadow spreads easily and relatively even with a few exceptions like the darkest blue and some of the pinks, blends pretty well.

It’s pretty good for that price, very affordable. However do take note of the size of the palette it's pretty tiny. Although perfect if you want to use it to practice, experiment with colours or just to play with. I haven’t worn it out so don’t know if it smudges, fades, creases or its durability. I like it but it isn’t the best; there are a lot better eye shadow palettes on the market.

4 comments:

  1. Wow that's a cheap palette lol. I really want those greens! XD I bought a palette for $20.00USD and the quality is nothing like that! Ahh that's sad..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of those colors. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought it today... didn't use it yet. Seems nice

    ReplyDelete