Welcome to my blog

After being inspired by many beauty bloggers, I've decided to start my own blog. To share my make up, skincare and other product reviews, opinions and experiences. =P So, Thank you for visiting!

Follow mintfusion on Twitter

Monday, June 29, 2009

Review: Bioré Warming Anti-blackhead Cream Cleanser

Description on the back of the cleanser:
Description: Fire away at blackheads! Bioré® Warming anti-blackhead cream cleanser instantly heats up on contact with water to help open up and intensively cleanse pores. The thermal formula with salicylic acid targets pore clogging dirt and oil for a deep clean like never before, leaving skin radiant and fresh.
  • Dermatologically tested

  • Hypo-allergenic

  • Non pore clogging

  • Gentle enough for daily use
Direction: Wet face. Dry hands and squeeze product into palm, massage over entire face and rinse thoroughly. Store at room temperature.

CAUTIONS: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact does occur, rinse thoroughly with water. Using topical acne medications at the same time or after use of the product may increase dryness or irritation of the skin. If this occurs, this product should not be used unless directed by a doctor. Keep out of reach of children.

Ingredients: Zeolite, Peg-8, Butylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Cellulose, Salicylic acid, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Polyethylene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteth-20 Phosphate, Dicetyl phosphate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Hydroxypropylcellulose, BHT, Fragrance, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake.

---
The photo above is the old packaging version. I stopped using it for awhile and forgot about it... the new packaging one has exactly the same ingredients and size (177g). But it seems it’s changed the description and added the frequency to “use product morning and night”.

The cleanser comes in a tube with 6.25OZ (177g) and is oil-free. The cleanser itself is a translucent, white gooey cream, more similar to a lotion consistency with green and white scrubbing particulars (Irregularly shaped); it feels sticky on dry skin but smooth once wet. I thought I’ll try this out because of the thermal part, which makes sense because heat will open up the pores so it’ll be easier to clean out any dirty or oil that’s trapped inside. Sounds good but no I wouldn’t buy it again.

Why? It’s inconvenient, a pain to use.
Your hands must be dry after wetting your face before you handle the cleanser. Otherwise the cleanser heats up on your hands; it’s also quite sticky making it hard to spread the cleanser on dry hands before you can massage it on your face. Your face also needs to be thoroughly wet to activate the heat and so it’ll spread smoothly. Once the cleanser is on your face, I found the heat cools pretty quickly depending on the amount of cleanser on the area. You need a good amount to keep the heat going.

It smells fresh but, the particulars were harsh on my skin and I’m massaging like I’m spreading lotion on the top of hand. I felt like it was scratching my face and I wasn’t using a lot. When I focused on my t-zone area, my skin became red if I lingered too long. My skin did felt clean and smooth afterwards, but I did not notice any difference with my blackheads.

My skin may be too sensitive for this cleanser; it felt very harsh just exfoliating. Which is pretty much all it did for me. I’ve swapped to use other exfoliating washes now and then and none of them hurt like this one. I did not see any effects to the blackheads, not recommended for sensitive skin.

1 comment: